Monday 23 May 2011

Animation Changes

So I knew there was this huge difference in animation styles in the original and the new Nick dub. But I didn't really get how much until I put them side by side.

Disregard, for a moment, all your lists of differences. Just look upon this in wonder.

I assume this is the same scene (albeit not the same exact moment). All I can say is, wow. 

Okay, permission to list differences.
- Stella is in her princess dress (the new, pretty one), and not her Magic Stella. Is there a plot change, or can this be considered a relatively minor thing? When will the transformation sequence be introduced? Besides Bloom, will there even be an individual sequence, or will it just be Bloom and then the group, like it was in the trailer?
-Gardenia in the background looks brighter, and more like a city. From Season 4, you can get that it's really big, as opposed to the smaller town I thought it was in Seasons 1-3. This animation looks more big city to me.
- Different outfits. Yeah. Duh.
- The style seems more anime. And the style seems to make the characters look younger, something I've noticed before. If I put first season and fourth season Bloom side by side, first season has always looked older to me. It's the eyes.

Anyway, do you like it more now that you see it side by side? Less? About the same? I'm tied- I do like it more, but I'm certainly going to miss the old era of Winx Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment